REHAU Windows and Doors
REHAU Windows and Doors require very little maintenance, however here are a few tips to ensure that your new UPVC windows and doors retain their value and appearance.
REHAU Windows and Doors are designed to be more thermally efficient and close tightly so that more heat is kept in saving more energy.
With better seals and the loss of heat/air being reduced there is more chance for condensation to occur, especially in rooms with high level of humidity.
If this is the case, windows should be opened on a regular basis to allow for ventilation and air circulation.
Locking the window in the “Night Vent” position will also permit a light air flow if required.
FITTING MAINTENANCE TIPS
Preserving the mechanisms, locks and hinges is recommended to prolong the life of working parts of the window or door.
- All moving parts of fittings should be lightly oiled once or twice a year to ensure that windows and doors always open smoothly.
- Most fittings have a built-in adjustment facility, if your window or door begins to stick please contact your installer who can make the necessary adjustments.
Cleaning your new windows or doors is easy but you should follow these tips to maintain the life and appearance of your product.
- Slightly dirty frames can be cleaned with warm water and washing up liquid.
- Extremely dirty frames should be cleaned with REHAU‘s PVC Cleaner – please contact your installer for more information.
- Abrasive cleaners and dry cleaning with a duster should be avoided.
- Cleaning solutions and polishes that contain solvents or thinners should not be used. Aggressive chemicals like these will attack the frame and seals.